A multinational technology company developing a wide variety of PC and printers.
- Offering a logistics solution collecting large defective or end-of life electronic units in the Nordics (Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark) returning of the units to a central European receiving center after a country based evaluation of the units have been performed.
- The solution to focuse on efficiency improvements in the distribution network and ensuring reporting receipt and status of units with 100% accuracy.
- Minimizing the transportation costs as a whole.
- Daily feedback via an EDI solution a requirement.
- Offer a helpdesk service on a Nordic platform a necessity.
- A customerized solution was created covering the whole Nordic region.
- Total transportation costs were reduced by optimizing the carrier selection on a country basis as well as inter-country wise.
- The overall transport costs were reduced by optimizing the carrier selection of domestic collections.
- The line haul management solution resulted in efficiencies and cost reductions in the flow of units from the Nordics to the central European center.
- Reporting of status and status of units were reported daily with 100% correctness from day one.
During the first month of operation SDD Nordic reached an overall performance of 99.6%.
By offering a regional helpdesk function, SDD Nordic supports all customers with their transportation inquiries and offer status feedback on daily basis improving customer satisfaction for our customers’ customers.
For further information about this case study, please do not hesitate to contract us, email@example.com