A leading manufacturer of printing solutions for businesses and private homes.
- Offer a total logistics solution, transporting products from the Far East via a central
European distribution center with delivery to the ultimate end-customers in the
Nordic countries (Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark) and a return of the
defective units to a central European repair center.
- The solution to be focused on efficiency improvements in the distribution network.
- Provide daily web based feedback a requirement.
- Established a central European distribution center in The Netherlands and country hubs in each country offering distribution and swap services throughout the region.
- Total transportation costs were reduced by optimizing the carrier selection on the ocean transport ex the Far East to Europe and optimizing domestic distribution and the inter-european linehauls.
- Lead times were reduced performing delivery, collection and swap services to/from the end-customers in all Nordic countries the very next day after order receipt.
- The implementation of a combination between Simple and True swap services, delivery of new/refurbished products and collection of defective units with the same driver or alternatively with two separate drivers resulted in improved customer satisfaction and reduced total transportation costs.
- SDD Nordic’s proprietary web based IT system provided total visibility throughout the supply chain.
During the first month of operation SDD Nordic reached an overall performance of 98.9%.
By introducing a regional help desk, SDD Nordic supports all customers with their transportation inquiries and offer status feedback on a daily basis improving customer satisfaction.
For further information about this case study, please do not hesitate to contract us, email@example.com